Turon or in some people called it “Caramelized Banana Spring Roll” is one of the best snacks/meryenda in the Philippines and it is one of the easiest to prepare and to make. It can also be added as a Dessert in some restaurants. Turon will always be part of the Filipino food.
- 5 Saba Banana
- Spring Roll Wrappers
- Sliced Jackfruit ( optional )
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Cooking oil
- Slice the banana into halves.
- Place the brown sugar in a plate and coat the sliced banana with it.
- Add the jackfruit ( ideally on the top of the banana).
- Put the coated banana in the center of the spring roll wrapper. Fold the wrapper from the end to the banana then the two sides, put water on the edge of the unfolded side to seal it up and roll to end.
- Start heating up the oil in the pan and fry the wrapped banana. Put little brown sugar then turn each side until it is golden brown.
- Drain the existing oil and Serve it while it is still hot.