Spring rolls is the Chinese cuisine that spread and influence the other countries in Asia. Sometimes it is called “Lumpia” in other South East Asian countries like in Philippines (which is my country) and Indonesia. It is very often to see this in Asian restaurant with variety of fillings range from different vegetables and meats. This food is one of the easiest and tastiest to prepare for any kind of event. Yeah, you can’t be Asian if you haven’t tried this.
- ½ lbs ground chicken
- ½ cup Carrots thinly sliced
- ½ cup red pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup Cabbage shredded
- ½ cup potatoes thinly sliced
- ¹/³ cup potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 red or white onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Spring roll wrappers
- Heat the pan and oil then sauté garlic then add ground chicken and onions wait until it slightly brown.
- Add all the vegetables; carrots, red bell pepper, cabbage, potatoes stir for 30 seconds followed by the green spring onions then stir again. Leave for about a minute.
- Stir then add the soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar to taste and stir again for about 30 seconds.
- To wrap this. First, lay down the wrapper into a diamond shape. Second, add a small amount of fillings. Next, roll the wrapper from the bottom corner once you almost reach the center, fold the right corner to the center same with the left corner and roll over the rest up. Lastly, paint a small amount of beaten egg in the top corner in both sides to seal the wrapper.
- Fry your rolls into a pan and remove it when its color turn into golden brown. Place them in a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve while it’s hot and enjoy!