Me and my boyfriend love to cook this dish to suit our craving for our unique taste, yeah if you want to try this American-Chinese dish and explore the great taste of it just follow the steps below.
- 2 pieces sliced carrots
- 1 piece green bell pepper sliced
- 1 piece yellow onions sliced
- 2 cups cooking oil (to fry)
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ lbs. cubes chicken breast
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red food coloring (optional)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- On a Mixing bowl combine egg, flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper, baking powder and mix together.
- Add water and mix well. Add soy sauce and chicken cubes mix it well until chicken is completely coated
- Sauce: On the other mixing bowl, combine sugar, water and stir. Add white vinegar, ketchup and soy sauce and stir again. Add red food coloring (Optional) and cornstarch stir until cornstarch and sugar dissolved.
- In a non-sticky frying pan over medium-high heat; add oil let it boil for about 1 min., add the coated chicken to fry until it turns to golden brown. It takes 4-5 minutes. Set aside, put on a bowl with napkin to absorb the excess oil.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-sticky frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté sliced carrots, green bell pepper and onions cook for about 1 min. add the sauce and pineapple chunks stir until the sauce has boiled or thickened.
- Finally, add fried chicken mix it with the sauce, cook for about 1-2 minute or until meat is tender.