Quick and easy to cook a beef teriyaki if you follow the steps below. Most of the ingredients are in the supermarket near you.
- 6 Sliced Sirloin Steak – sliced thinly
- 6 tablespoons of Mirin – Japanese rice wine (alternative for this is 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar to a 1/2 cup of white wine dry sherry or vermouth and use 6 tablespoons from it)
- 4 tablespoons of Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Cooking wine
- Cornstarch diluted in water
- On mixing bowl, combine the sliced sirloin beef, add mirin and soy sauce then mix together until the beef fully coated, allow marinating in the fridge for about 15 mins.
- On a hot pan put olive oil, add the marinated beef, fry over medium heat for about 4-5 mins. until the beef is slightly brown. Set aside on a plate.
- Sauce: On a sauce pan combine soy sauce, mirin, cooking wine, and brown sugar. Put the sauce pan on the heat over medium low heat continue stirring until the sugar completely dissolved.
- And add cornstarch diluted stir until it thickens.
- And spooned the sauce over the Teriyaki beef and garnish with spring onions.
(3 votes, average: 4.00 out of 5, rated)